Wednesday 8 October 2008

Weird American habits

Just the other day I was attending a mother's group with a few moms from my LDS Church ward, and somehow we got on the topic of cereal and one of the moms turned to me and stated matter-of-factly, "All Americans eat cereal for dinner or at night for dessert."  It was a statement, not a question.  And at the time I was a little annoyed that she would make such a generalization about Americans.  But then, over this last week, I have noticed that Brad has a cup (not a bowl, for some reason he only does it out of a cup) or a couple of cups of cereal every single night! And most nights I join him.  We don't buy desserts very often due to some pseudo health kick.  And I am always shocked that we can go through so many boxes of cereal a week.  It's no wonder we go through so much!  I guess Americans really do have some weird habits.

Does anybody else do this?  Leave us a comment and let us know.

Here is one of our current favourites:
 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally realized that on my mission when there was like NO CEREAL in Argentina. It was CRAZY.

Kelly said...

I just finished a bowl right before I read this post! It's the best evening snack, too. But I'm proud to say that we haven't had cereal for an official dinner for a long time now :)

I love you cousin Kim!

Ross & Robin Wilson Family said...

Ben says they're leaving a subliminal message "get out Putin" - clever don't you think. lovies mom and ben xxxooo

The Blunck Family said...

I would never eat ser re el at night! Swatskie