Thursday 9 October 2008

Today was a good day!

A few weeks ago I had a little kid in primary (I'm the music leader) ask me what I do all day.  Yesterday, I thought a lot about that.  So today I thought I would document what I did.

After breakfast we hung out the washing.  Amelia always hands me the clothes to be hung up or runs away dragging the basket behind her which I then have to go and chase her...she loves it!

Then while Amelia was napping I listened to country music and made a few more headbands.  This is a drug, and I am addicted!  I have so much fun making them and watching my creation come to life.  And yes, I LOVE country music!  My family shames me for this, but I love it!  It makes me feel right at home.  I used to always be so annoyed that Americans were always portrayed with country music, but it's true.  You don't really get it here in Australia and I miss it, so it makes me feel at home.  

Amelia, the built-in super model to show off my creations


Then we went outside and planted our very first garden!! After 6 1/2 years of marriage, I have finally planted my very own garden (well, if you can call it that) and I am SOOOO excited about it.  It's a meager one with only tomatoes, zucchini, lettuce, coriander/cilantro, and chives.  And when they start sprouting I am going to transfer them to pots since we can't plant anything in the ground here.  


Then we shared some popsicles in the shade.  Yes, we did trade back and forth.  More flavour that way.


Then we danced and played a little...


Yes, today was a good day!!


No comments: