Friday 31 October 2008

Happy Halloween!

Disclaimer:  This is going to be a rather long post...beware.
Brad and I decided (OK mostly just me, I twisted Brad's arm) that we wanted to have a Halloween party (OK so really I just wanted an excuse to make Amelia a Halloween costume since they don't celebrate it here.)  So I started talking with Sharon and we decided to do it on a Friday morning and get the moms in the ward to bring their kids since the dads wouldn't really enjoy it anyway (Sorry Brad!)  So yesterday we woke up bright and early despite the nasty head cold that I have and got stuck into the decorating.  It ended up looking really cool.  Sharon did an awesome spiderweb, which I somehow didn't get a photo of, and we had streamers and balloons galore.  The guests were all a bit late, but we still had loads of fun.  We went trick-or-treating at Sharon's front door and garage door and my front door and garage door.  The kids LOVED the lollies, it was great!

So, I just have to share this before we get to the photos, I was at the grocery store getting a few supplies for the party and a mom and her kids went walking past and the kids asked the mom if they could get something (I am assuming something to do with Halloween) and she said rather defiantly "NO!  We don't celebrate Halloween, we're not American!"  True story!  I just wanted to stand up and shake her hand and say, "Hi, I'm from America, would you like to  come to my Halloween party?!"  

Here is Amelia's costume in all it's glory!



This is the real story!  I had to be very selective in the photos I put up, because most of them look like this.


The feet.


I love this!  Look at that head!

Isobel came as a lovely princess wearing a "pretty dress" as she always says.  She made that crown herself, with a little help from Sharon of course.  Words just can't explain how cute it is when Isobel puts on a "pretty dress."  Everything changes about her.  She loves them!  And this one was no exception.  She acted like a little princess.  For a while she wouldn't leave the safety of the garage because the wind kept blowing the feathers off her shoes.  It was so funny.  When Sharon finally worked out why she was staying in the garage, I couldn't help but laugh.  


This is when you know you've got good friends...look how good Sharon looks?!  She said she always wanted to dress up like a witch and I would say she made the best looking witch I have ever seen.  And Lyndsay came as a baker with a bun in the oven!  Best looking baker I've ever seen.  

How cute is she?!

And this is the AWESOME cake that she made just for the party!  Is that not the coolest thing you have ever seen?!


Jet was a little confused trying to figure out why everyone was dressed up so funny.


Although that didn't stop us adults from trying to pose a royal engagement.  Aren't they just the cutest couple?!

Arrrgh!  Jo me matey!  Doesn't Joseph make the all time CUTEST pirate you've ever seen?!  Apparently this costume was meant to fit a 5-7 year old, but Sharon worked her magic and he looks amazing!!

So stinking cute!  (OK so cute is my word!  What are ya gonna do about it?!)


Lilly is a beautiful fairy princess.

Emma, Lilly, and Sophia.

Sophia the ballerina.

Amelia used to always scream at Sophie.  Everytime I would go to mothers group she would just stand over her and scream and cry and hit her.  It was so scary.  I didn't understand it.  So we stopped going for a while because I was so embarrassed of the way she acted around her.  But yesterday I was pleasantly suprised!  Amelia LOVED her!  She just gently stroked her head and just loved being there looking at her.  I am so glad she outgrew that stage!


And the Trick-or-Treating!  Fun was had by all!

Our final arrival was Kiana (Sorry if I spelled that wrong.)  She was a beautiful Halloween princess.  Loved her cape!  Her little sister was dressed the same, but somehow I didn't get a photo of her.  Sorry Hannah!!

4 comments:

Lisa Michelle said...

What a fun party! And Bryce and I are both dying over Amelia's costume!!! She is SO CUTE!! Did you make that, Kim?? Love it. Also love the cake. Way to go celebrating Halloween over there, you Americans, you!! :)

Jacobsen Family said...

Hey Kim I love the costume you are so creative that is awesome. Glad to see you americans are having fun over ther. I didn't know we were the only ones to celebrate Halloween. It's good to see you. hope things sre going good. Tiffaney Ostler

The Blunck Family said...

Wow Kim! You did and fantastic job on the costume and the party! You are an awesome mom. Amelia is growing up with all kinds of new and fun adventures. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, you didn't have to stop coming to mum's group because of Amelia screaming at Sophie, it never used to bother her! I feel really bad now! I had no idea!! :(