Friday 10 October 2008

Flash back!

First of all, I have to say a huge thank you to my father-in-law for these photos!!  You are simply the best and I really can't thank you enough.  I had a huge photo album of photos of Brad and I that I had packed and ready to bring with us to Oz but with the weight restraints on our luggage they were the first thing to go and I was so sad.  Then we received this CD in the mail last week and I was so over the moon about it!  He had taken the time to take them all out and scan them into the computer.  I don't know how much time that took, but I really truly appreciate it!  THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!

That said, I am excited to be able to share some photos from our past.  It was so fun to have a walk down memory lane again.

Brad and I used to always get dressed up just to go out to dinner or a play or something at BYU.  It was so fun.  We really should do that again.

The first time Brad told me that he liked me, he wore these "nerd glasses" (as he calls them.)  We were sitting at the Creamery on 9th enjoying some ice cream and then all of the sudden he throws these glasses on and breaks into his "nerd" voice and says, "Kim, I like you.  I really like you!"  I thought it was weird at the time, but I love that he did that now, obviously, I'm hooked!

Seven years ago about this time of year Brad and I carved this pumpkin.  It was the coolest lion and it turned out really well.  We were so excited about it!  I put it outside the door at my apartment and the next morning it was gone.  What a bummer!

Over time I got really used to Brad's "nerd glasses".  So used to them in fact that I wanted some of my own.  I found these ones in the lost and found at the Orem Institute of Religion where I worked at the time.  I was so excited when I found them, I took them home and couldn't wait to show Brad my treasure.  That night we went out roller-blading and took this photo, the next day at work an older woman came to search the lost and found for her glasses.  I asked her to describe them and lo and behold they were the very ones I had taken home the day before.  I felt so bad and guilty I delivered them personally to her home.  She was very grateful!


Hope you enjoyed these memories, I'll be sharing more here and there.  It's just so much fun!  

1 comment:

Brandon said...

ahhh, fer cute!