Monday 10 November 2008

Thoughts

Yesterday I Skype’d with my family and my dad mentioned that Brad and I are quite vocal and express ourselves often. I think a lot of this has to come from being in Australia. Aussie's are very vocal and very straight forward – they speak their mind rather than beat around the bush. But as I have been thinking about it since that conversation with my dad, I thought about an Ensign article written by Elder Ballard, (you can read it here) about using “new media” to share the gospel. Here are the bits I liked the best:
"The Apostle Paul has admonished us to not be “ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation” (Romans 1:16). Let us all stand firmly and speak with faith in sharing our message with the world.
(He writes about using our blogs and other sites as "conversations about the Church.")
"As you participate in this conversation and utilize the tools of new media, remember who you are—Latter-day Saints.... Our position is solid; the Church is true. We simply need to have a conversation, as friends in the same room would have, always guided by the prompting of the Spirit and constantly remembering the Atonement of the Lord Jesus Christ, which reminds us of how precious are the children of our Father in Heaven.

"May the Lord bless each of you that you will have a powerful influence on those you come in contact with."
I love those words. I think anything I have to add would only deter from what he's just declared. But I do know that I want to use our blog as a tool for sharing the gospel because I know that my beliefs in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints are true. I find so much comfort and peace and guidance through life from them and I hope that we can somehow help you, our readers (whomever or wherever you may be) to feel the love of our Savior, Jesus Christ.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Well said, Cuz