Thursday 20 November 2008

More Sleeping Dramas

When we first brought Amelia home from the hospital she slept all the time.  She would even do 8 hours at night.  I soon came to realize that was because I was on so much pain killers and breast feeding her.  As soon as I stopped the meds sleep went out the window.  Don't get me wrong, we've had good days, weeks, and even good months here and there, but it's always interupted by something.  Teething, illness, stuffy nose, noise outside, loneliness...there's always something.  

So recently we have taken the drop side off of her crib so that when she wakes at night she can just come and get us instead of us going in to her room 4-5 times a night.  There have been nights we have just let her cry herself to sleep, and two nights ago we discovered that she climbed back into her bed and pulled the covers up over herself.  YEAH!!!  Hopefully we'll get somewhere soon!

These are photos from nap time.  I couldn't get her to sleep so I just locked her in my room.  She just played for a while but then when it went quiet I went in to discover this: 


Kids are so funny!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

It looks like she just crashed while walking!! We are waiting for Jaxen to stop sleeping 10 hours a night because it's just too good to be true. But we'll enjoy it while it lasts. By the way, cute blog! I've been trying to think of a cute saying to put on our blog.

Unknown said...

I put Joseph in his bed and then "lock" him in his room. (He can't get his door open because of the handle, but they make those safety handles for kids that can.) I hear him moving around, playing with his toys, pushing his books under the door :) Eventually, he climbs back into bed and goes to sleep on his own...even for his naps. I simply had to learn how to ignore him. Maybe that is an idea that will work for Amelia?

Brad and Emilee said...

EEEK! I'm so happy to hear from you. You're baby girl is adorable. How's Australia? Brad's in the oil business so we could be taking some international moves, exciting but scary. We're not far from Utah so let me know when you guys come around. Concerning sleep- get the book "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child." A nurse recommended it and it changed my life- seriously. I would tell you the author but my sister in law stole my book.