Thursday 13 November 2008

Ameliaisms

Here are a few "Ameliaisms" for you all to enjoy:

First of all, the most recent is she has a fascination for my deoderant.  I'm talking a serious fascination.  Yesterday we went for a walk to the train station to meet Brad and she had to carry it with her the entire way.  She wouldn't let me take it off her.  You should have seen some of the looks we got.  Priceless!  I've discovered her carrying it with her all around the house talking to it, putting it in her stroller and pushing it around, wrapping it in blankets and tucking it in bed, you know that kind of stuff.   Maybe she really does need a doll of her own.

She also has a fascination with toilet paper.  She loves ripping it into little teeny tiny pieces and sprinkling them around the house.  I think she thinks it like magic fairy dust or something, or maybe snow!  There has even been the few times that she's taken the entire roll and filled the toilet with it.  Luckily it didn't clog.  But usually I'll go into the bathroom to discover most of the roll unrolled.  

Her vocabulary consists of:

money money=yummy yummy
Bood=Food
Mur=more
dink du=thank you
pith=please
binth=binx=pacifier
(she very much has a lisp at the moment)
dee=drink
bitty=biscuit=cracker 
saucy=sausage
daddy
mommy=which is used for everything
doggie
bid=bird
titty=cat
du=duck
simmy=swimming, usually accompanied by her following me around the house carrying my swimming suit.  
hi
ullo=hello
aru=how are you
bone=phone

and just so many many more.  She jabbers ALL the time.  She's started singing/yelling all the time.  Last night I said "okie dokie Kolipokie" and she copied me with a jumble of words ending with "podie."  I'm happy she's trying.  There are so many times we say big words and things and she tries her hardest to copy them. 
 
She loves to give snuggles or really in her case tackles.  If ever Brad and I are on the ground she'll run as fast as she can and jump on us.  She loves to be thrown around.  

She gives kisses.  She'll press her face up to yours with a big "mwah."  Blows kisses in the same manner.  

Whenever we are walking down the street she waves and says "hi" or "hello" to everyone.

   

1 comment:

Emi Wi said...

Matthew gets obsessed with things, too. He still does at almost three. Is it genetic? Lately, its been the spaghetti spoon, which he call his net. He catches fish with it and then feeds them to me. Scissors are also a major enticement, but, needless to say, we don't let him carry scissors around. Spaghetti spoons are dangerous enough.