Tuesday 25 November 2008

Like Saying Goodbye to an Old Friend...

Amelia is officially weaned this week.  It's been a long hard road and I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it.  I mean, this was something that I fought really REALLY hard for.  I struggled and struggled for a really long time...but I did it!  I would dare say it was one of the biggest achievements I have ever had.  I knew that this was what I wanted for my little girl and I was willing to go to whatever lengths I needed to for her.  But at the same time, I've got my body back all to myself.  And that is so nice.  It's SO nice.  And now I feel like I can leave her a night and not worry about her.  There is nothing that I could do for her that someone else couldn't now.  Exciting and sad all at the same time.  She's growing up so fast.  I just can't believe it.  I guess now we've just got to start all over again and pray that it won't be so painful the next time around.

By the way, our computer is COMPLETELY full of stuff.  I'm not even kidding.  We have 10,189 photos on our computer.   Plus all the video, plus everything else.  And of those 10,189 photos, NOT A SINGLE ONE IS PRINTED!!  Scary?!  Yes!!  Brad and I can't bring ourselves to delete anything.  It's all memories and treasures.  Its all backed up in numerous places but deleting it off the computer means we won't have daily access to it.  It won't be right at our fingertips.

So what I'm trying to say is, we have no more room for any more photos.  Meaning, for a little while at least, until we remedy this situation, there will be no more photos posted on our blog.  Sad, I know.  We'll be working as fast and as hard and as long as we can to get this problem fixed.  Until then, please scroll through our archives for your Amelia fix.

3 comments:

Amanda Udy said...

Congratulations on making it so long!! You should be very proud!!

Marjorie said...

Hi,

You could probably get an external harddrive and store all your photos etc on there

-Marj

Heidi said...

You go girl!! I'm so proud of you for sticking with it. It was a tough thing to do. I couldn't handle the emotional & sleep deprived roller coaster. But I wish I could have given him more. Way to go!!