Thursday 18 December 2008

Our homemade Christmas tree...

OK, so maybe it's not really homemade.  We are borrowing the tree from the Smith's.  They happen to have two beautiful trees (When Paul's parents immigrated over to Oz and had their stuff shipped over they brought Paul and Sharon's other tree.)  So lucky for us, we get to borrow one and have a big beautiful tree in our house!!!  Yay!!

So, we all know that Chrimmas (as Sharon's daughter Isobel says it) need ornaments and well, ours are all in my parents basement.  We have a LOT!!  So I just couldn't justify buying more, so I made some.  Nice and cheap, but it does the trick.  I found the star at a Supadollar for $5 and I love it!!  It's just paper, but I think I'll be taking it with us.

So our cousin Stephanie (go here and here to check out her work) is a brilliant photographer!  She posted this photo on her blog of her daughter standing by the Krimmas tree and it's beautiful!!  I wanted to try and copy it, but then realized, you gotta have more than 100 lights to make it bright enough.  Dang!!  Maybe next year.  So here's what Brad came up with instead.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Okay, so how did I miss this post...You are on my google reader...Anyway, I totally had to crank up my ISO for that shot and put it on the tripod. Then we put something in the tree so Paige was looking at it so she would be super still. I'm sorry I didn't see this earlier - since now your Christmas tree is long down. :( Hopefully you can get something next year. Although I think your picture works too. It's the idea of a little one looking at the tree, right?