Sunday 28 December 2008

Exploring at the Beach

So, our home teacher is the AWESOME young man in our ward (he's still single Steph!!) and he decided that he wanted to go to Thailand over the Christmas holiday and offered us his car.  We of course accepted and can I just say FREEDOM!!!!  Man there is no stopping me now.  I can go anywhere I want whenever I want and I don't have to tell anyone about it.  It's bliss!!

So with this new found freedom, Amelia and I have found ourselves at the beach quite often.  It's just 5 minutes down the road that there is a treasure trove there.  Here is just a smattering of one of our adventures:

Priceless!

Discovering sea shells.


Discovering the "river."  More like run off from a ditch.


And then we discovered later that night that in that ditch run off was loads of something that thought Amelia was tasty tasty!  We have now learned that it's either sand flies, sand mites, sand lice, or pelican lice.  All things that you can't see but sure are hungry.  We have also learned that those bite (from any of those mentioned above) are worse than mosquito bites.  Itchy, itchy, itchy.  And I have also learned that Calamine lotion is a thing of the past.  It has been a constant that just hasn't changed but has been a name that everyone has known and trusted.  But there is new technology out there that works much MUCH better.  




2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Are you talking about Troy? Hahhaha. I thought he was Brad's home teaching comp. And, well, I'm still incredibly single myself....so bring it on! :)

The Blunck Family said...

Poor little Amelia! Hope she is doing better by now. So what is the new medications that take away the itch?