Sunday 14 December 2008

How to speak with an Australian Accent: Part 1

OK, so I have decided I really want Amelia to pick up a bit of an accent before we leave Australia.  So I have been researching online to try and find websites that teach you how to pick it up the accent more.  Here is step one:

Step 1:
Talk to Australian natives or watch Australian films. (check) Listen closely to the dialogue to get a general idea of how Australians speak. (check) First practice pronouncing individual words. Mimic entire lines to familiarize yourself with Australian speech patterns.

Should be easy enough right?!  So you all work on that with us, and maybe we can all speak Australian together!  Too right, mate!!

(Step 2 tomorrow!)

1 comment:

Georges said...

So funny! I will be checking back to get the other pointers. The Australian accent is a good one, but I have to say that my favorite is that of the New Zealanders :)