Monday 17 May 2010

Starving Experiment: Day 3 and beyond

So, yes, I'm sorry I left so many of you hanging. I guess I didn't realize so many people read this blog. I'm glad you do. :) I also have two kids, a husband, and somewhat demanding calling...shall I go on?? I can't seem to make it to the computer as often. Oh wait, don't we all. :)

So the experiment has been going incredibly well. Day three found her having handful after handful of broccoli and watermelon for dinner. I was and still am so very excited about this!!!

We are not to sushi yet, but this little girls diet is getting better everyday. Little by little. Instead of crackers, we are switching to nuts and fruits, you know, the healthy stuff. Instead of just taking "snacks" when we go out, I now pack a proper lunch...with no snacks. And a dinner time, well, if she doesn't eat what we eat, she wakes us up extra early in the morning asking for breakfast...but that's OK! We're getting there.

I'm embarrassed to have admitted that we let it get this bad, however, I am so excited at where we are going. Doing the three day "starving" challenge really has been a turn around for us. I have found that you really have to PLAN for meals with kids!! I mean I always new this, but now I KNOW it. I guess it's just another one of those things that parenting drills into your head. You always hear the experts saying over and over, "if they don't like it at first, DON'T GIVE UP!!" I think I had given up on many things because of various situations in our life we just resorted to whatever was easiest. Well no more. From this "three day" on, IT'S ON!!

3 comments:

Kiersti said...

This is VERY encouraging news! We went on a little weekend trip without the kids and were amazed to find out what they had eaten while we were gone. I think you just get so sick of the fight you give up.
Anyway, so this is giving me new hope!! Good on ya!

Kiersti

About us said...

Kim congratulations. You are one hard working mama :) I admire how dedicated you are to your kiddos. Amelia is one lucky girl :)

Shy said...

Your good, I'm not that strong, we have been trying a little cooper and its' getting better, he is definitely eating more foods and we are trying.... I am on so strong as to do the starving thing...

Hay.... what is this demanding calling?

Later -take care, hope its still improving.... Shy