Saturday 29 May 2010

Birthday Project

Amelia has been very much getting into the arts lately. So loves to draw, loves to color, and especially loves to paint. So I figured she would love an art easel. I shopped around for a few, the ones I could afford were all out of stock, the ones I couldn't afford I didn't like quite so much, so I decided to make one. After scouring the web for a few ideas I finally settled on this one, and set off for Home Depot for supplies. I didn't quite follow the outline perfectly, I had to make a few alterations here and there, but after a few very late nights this is the result:
The wood of course was bought from Home Depot and luckily they cut the wood for you for a very small fee. The chalk board is an old picture frame that I had that I just painted the frame and then spray painted the plexi-glass with that chalk spray paint stuff. The art supplies are all from IKEA. There is a roll of paper on a dowel in the middle of the frame that we can just pull in front of the chalk board.

She loves it!! She's had quite a few hours of fun with it already, plus paint on the couch and carpet...we might need to set up some rules. :)

4 comments:

Liz said...

Wow Kim! That's really cool! I'm super impressed! I'm sure she'll love it for years to come!

The Blunck Family said...

Good job on the easel! I am impressed with your abilities Kim! I don't think there is anything you can't do once you set your mind to it. I don't think I would even begin to attempt making something like that just because I would think it was too hard. Way to go!

Emi Wi said...

What a great idea! Will send me instructions? I want to make one after we move. Love you guys!

Stephanie said...

Your diy talent - amaze me!! Awesome job. I am sure it will get years of use.

I'm back to blogging again. After a year break - and back to looking at blogs too.

crosbyworld.org/blog