Sunday 28 September 2008

Made by hand-with love

So I'm going to take just another blog entry to brag again. I am quite proud of this. The past couple of months a few moms from the ward have been getting together at Heather Hawkins (photo below) house to make quiet books. Heather is a pro at making them and was generous enough to share her skills with us. Everything is done by hand except to actually sew the pages into the book. It was a long, but good experience. I have finally completed mine, (I was the first one done! I just couldn't stop!) And it's great because it really does what it says it does, keeps Amelia quiet at church! We love it. So without further adieu, here it is:

Front cover

Family tree and zippy lady bug

Button flower pot and fish tank

Snap-on colours and clock

Velcro shapes and clothes on the line

Worm in the apple and counting numbers


And here is the Amazing Heather!





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!!

Amanda Udy said...

I love quiet books! My MIL bought Tabitha one and it is the greatest thing in the world! A handmade book from momma is even better! You are very talented!

Emi Wi said...

I love it. I have been wanting to make one, but don't know how. Can you help me make one over Christmas?