Monday 16 February 2009

Guess what Amelia did?

So just the other day I was tidying up the kitchen and Amelia came running into the room with her shoe in hand yelling, "pider, (spider) pider, pider!!" She then proceeded to the wall and smacked it for all she was worth. Over and over and over again. She then would say, "bug" and smack the floor over and over and over. I guess I have set some kind of example for her. She sees me do this quite often. I have no tolerance for little creatures that enter my home.

Also Amelia has started saying, "The end" at the end of every book that we read to her.

She says, "Dough-gie" instead of "doggie."

Her new favourite word is "Sowy" (Sorry). She says it all the time. Usually to Brad because he pretends to cry if she hits him, so she'll rub his cheek and say over and over, "sowy daddy!" It's very cute. And if I catch her hitting a friend I tell her to go and say sorry and she always does it without hesitation. I sure hope that one sticks!!

And whenever someone sneezes she looks at them with concern in her eyes and says, "you alright?"

The other night she woke-up and came into our bed (surprise, surprise!) just as I was brushing my teeth and washing my face, she sat up in bed and said, "what you doing mommy?" She then had to come into the bathroom with me and brush her teeth...at 11:00 at night!!!

She is talking so much these days. Such a little copy cat. Anything that you say to her or ask her, she'll just repeat back to you. So if you ask how she's feeling, she'll ask you how you're feelling. It's very cute, but sometimes very annoying especially if you're trying to get her to tell you what she wants for lunch.

2 comments:

Kendal and Alissa said...

That is so cute! I'm sure you have so much fun with Amelia. I can't believe she is old enough to talk and copy you! We can't wait to see her.

The Blunck Family said...

Amelia is so cute! She talks so much and is learning very quickly. We are so excited to see all of you soon!