Sunday 10 August 2008

"You sound funny."

I have recently been called into Primary (the youth organization for kids between 3-11 years of age in our church: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints)) and I serve as the Music Leader.  Something I know very little about.  But I have still been having lots of fun none the less.  One thing that always cracks me up is when kids discover that I talk funny.  Here is one conversation I had just last week:

Primary kid: You sound funny.
Me: That's because I come from America.
Primary kid: Oh, I thought you sounded like you were from Africa.

I have also been told by the primary kids that I sound like I'm speaking chinese (Maybe he was excited for the olympics?!)  And adults have told me that I sound Irish, Welsh, Canadian eh, and my favourite, Scottish!!  Must be the red hair mixed with the funny talk.  Maybe I need to work on my fairdinkum Aussie accent a little bit more.  

1 comment:

BJ said...

kim!!! This is jennie boothe. Thanks for finding the class blog, it has put me in touoch with so many people! So, what on earth took you to australia?!? Is your hubby from there? Do you think it will be permanent? What a fun experience! So glad to find you! And it's funny that they think you talk funny...isn't them who talk different?!? ;) Good luck. I just realized i am logged in under the class blog so here is my personal blog address www.bj711.blogspot.com