Tuesday 19 August 2008

Do something today...

I was just reading over the message from President Monson in this months edition of the Ensign and stumbled upon this:

"How fragile life, how certain death.  We do not know when we will be required to leave this mortal existence.  And so I ask, "What are we doing with today?"  If we live only for tomorrow, we'll eventually have a lot of empty yesterdays.  Have we been guilty of declaring, "I've been thinking about making some course corrections in my life.  I plan to take the first step--tomorrow"?  With such thinking, tomorrow is forever.  Such tomorrows rarely come unless we do something about them today."

I love the way President Monson words things.  I truly got caught up in this article and thought about what I am doing with my life.  Do I live my life everyday as if it were my last?  Do I really tell those whom I love how I feel?  Do I cherish the times that I am able to spend with my own little family?  I don't want to miss a moment of it.  And yet, I feel I am guilty of rushing through life and not savouring those precious moments.  They happen everyday and if we're not watching, we're gonna miss them.  I want to make sure I am not a spectator in this life.  I want to play with all my  heart.  I want to grasp every moment and make it count.  We never know what lies around the bend, and I want to make sure I'm ready.

No comments: