Sunday 18 October 2009

How do you get your kids to sleep?

I just love sleeping kids. There seriously is nothing better than that. However Amelia has been quite the challenge lately to get to nap. She just doesn't want to do it and will only give in to a nap every few days. Well, this was one of those few days. We had just gotten home from taking Brad back to work after lunch and I got Joel settled and down for a nap then I went in and read Amelia stories and got her settled in her room (hoping for the best) and then I went and laid down on the couch to be able to have my own nap. When I woke up, this is what I found on the floor in front of me:
Amelia had snuck into the living room and crawled into her box and fell asleep. Such a funny kid. I didn't even hear her come in.

Joel's nap time. He's a much better sleeper than Amelia has ever been. Let's hope it sticks!

And then later that night, the only way we could get Amelia to sleep was to allow her to sleep in her box again. I guess we're just preparing her for a life of homelessness. Funny!

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Nap time is the best . . . when it happens. Getting the two of them to nap at the same time was a lot of work for me, but getting to take a nap in the middle of the day is a lifesaver when you're still getting so little sleep at night. Good luck--I'd say go with whatever works, even if it is a box.

The Blunck Family said...

If we only knew the magic thing that would get kids to sleep, so thank goodness for the box! That is so funny that she would sneak into the front room to take a nap in her special place. Funny girl!

Spencer and Jennifer Lee said...

Spencer went through a phase where he slept on a little tramploline we have. I didn't care where he slept, as long as that nap happened!