Friday 9 January 2009

The Next Morning...

So, this was the very next morning...New Year's Day!! For some reason I just could not sleep in. When I woke up, this was the first thing I saw. It just melted my heart!! I just love it!!

(Yeah, we slept right on the mattress...our sheets somehow fell off the line the day before and were so dirty so they had to go through again...yes, we only have one pair of sheets!)

It reminded me of a photo of myself when I was closer to Amelia's age. My Dad and I always used to take Sunday afternoon naps together. (I am assuming this was a Sunday afternoon, evident by the white collared shirt my Dad was wearing - you only see him in that when it's Church related. Good times!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's not the gifts that you got that were physical momentos. its the memories made as we live our lives together that we remember the most. This is a precious memory that your daughter will remember through these pictures. I remember all the fun I had with my dad before we grew apart. I miss my dad.

The Blunck Family said...

Love the post Kim. Dad and you snuggled a lot on Sunday afternoons when dad finally would come home from church. He was put into the Bishopric when you were a newborn. Dad's are the best! Amelia is so blessed to have a wonderful father like Brad.

Kelly said...

That is precious! And congrats on the baby to come! Two is not as hard as I thought it would be and lots of fun - especially when they start interacting with each other. You'll love it!