Friday 30 April 2010

One of those days...


So, today has been one of those days. You know the kind where everything doesn't really go wrong, but doesn't really go right either? You know what I'm talking about?! Yeah. Dumb.

I woke up bright and early with Joel at 6:30 (which I actually kind of like, I feel like I get much more done when I wake up that early) got him fed and then went to throw a load of laundry in (we have coin operated machines around the corner from our apartment) all before Amelia even stirred. We then ate breakfast and got the morning routine taken care of and drove Brad to work. When I got home I went to go and switch our laundry and start another load only to discover that someone had beat me to it. They had put my wet clothes into the dryer and started their own. I noticed it was on the final spin so I waited. When it was done I went to go and remove the items only to discover that someone was washing horrible nasty falling apart rugs and shoes. There was bits and pieces EVERYWHERE!!!

...so I decided to hit the laundromat...

I came back inside and got the kiddies all dressed, loaded up the laundry and headed out. After a few hours at the laundromat we returned home and things were going great. I got Joel down for his nap, Amelia happily distracted watching a movie with her juice so that I could fold all this nice clean laundry. Just as I was almost done, I noticed that Brad didn't throw his jeans in to be washed, which kind of bothered me. And then I noticed...there were no jeans here. None of Brad's black work shirts, no dark clothes. Period. I forgot to bring them home!!!

I frantically woke Joel up from his nap threw the kids back in the car and headed back to the laundromat (a few hours had passed by now). I discovered my clothes still in the washing machine, thank goodness!!! I also was happy to find that they were all dry!! Someone had taken them out of the washing machine, put them in the dryer, and then put them right back in the very same machine I had put them in...........oh wait, I forgot to even START the machine!! They were still dirty.

The day goes on....

I showered at 4:30 PM. I forgot to put conditioner in my hair. (Who does that? Isn't that like second nature by the time you get to be my age?)

Then, it was time to feed Joel again. So I got nice and comfortable on the couch, Joel was happily eating (blowing raspberries is his new thing. milk goes everywhere. not cool.) and then I got a text from Brad. It was 5:00. I forgot to pick him up. I forgot to pick up my own husband. My husband!! The man I drive to pick up everyday! EVERY DAY!! Well, to be fair, he does have a bike now. So some days he does ride. But I had just tripped over that stupid bike and skinned up my shin before I sat down with Joel! Shouldn't that have alerted my memory?!

Oh well, life goes on.

Here's to tomorrow!!!

3 comments:

Emi Wi said...

I've had so many of those days recently. They include going to the Aquarium for Matthew's school field trip, and discovering the next day that the field trip was to the Planetarium. I had wondered why we didn't see anyone we knew there and I had thought it was odd that they were going to the aquarium when the had been studying space.

Then last week, I fell asleep and didn't wake up to pick up the 6 local kids from preschool. Another mom had to do it for me. So the next day, I was wondering why Matthew was so late getting home, when that other mom called me. She said that I had agreed to pick up the kids for her since she had done it for me the day before. Strangely, I had no memory of agreeing to that. Sometimes I feel like I am a little insane.

Allison Box said...

You know what came to mind...Alexander and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. I have days like that and I have to remember that some days are like that, even in Australia...or wherever the dream place is.

The Blunck Family said...

I love the pictures of Joel with the messy face. So cute! I can remember days when I thought it couldn't get any worse and then it did. Oh the joy of being a mom. Seriously, being a mom is the best even on the worst days.