Sunday 9 August 2009

BREAKTHROUGH!!!

Today we had a MAJOR breakthrough at church. This is seriously major!! Due to a Young Single Adult conference going on at our chapel we had to drive up to Malibu to attend church with another ward in another building. It was a beautiful drive up the Pacific Coast Highway and we had a lovely time visiting with the other ward. Oh, and by the way, Ricky Schroder and his family were the speakers. Don't know who that is? Well, he's a big actor on '24', and 'Silver Spoons'. Brad was very excited.

So what was this breakthrough you ask?? Amelia stayed the ENTIRE time in nursery today!!! That hasn't happened in, I don't know how long! Brad and I actually got to listen to the lessons, read the scriptures, and participate in the discussions!! WOW!! I had forgotten what it feels like to be an adult at church! They had to bring her to us once, which didn't surprise me. Someone opened the door and she was reminded that her parents weren't there, but really I think she just had to go to the bathroom. As soon as they brought her to us, she said she had to "wee wee" and then asked to go right back in there. I opened the door and she ran right in without me! COOL HUH?!! I am over the moon about it!!

Oh and here's some more photos. This was the other day when I went in to check on her during her nap. She fell asleep like this, no joke. Oh, and that little mullet she's sporting? It's gone now. I suppose I should take some photos of the new haircut.


1 comment:

The Blunck Family said...

That is so funny that she fell asleep that way. I am so happy for you that she actually stayed in the nursery. They must really have some wonderful nursery leaders in that ward! Maybe you should move to the Malibu ward. Just Kidding.