Sunday 8 March 2009

Looking to 2029

Twenty years ago, I (Brad) was 9 years old. Our home computer was probably running some variant of MS DOS, maybe we were still on a Commodore 64, honestly can't remember. But I do remember ads like this (embedded below), and the "You Will" AT&T campaign in 1993, thinking it was straight out of science fiction and that it wouldn't come to fruition until I was heaps older.

Now I sit in church next to 10 year old kids with mobile phones that can do video conferencing, and can track their friends on the other side of the globe via global positioning satelites. I see the breakneck pace of technological advancement as a sign of the times, and a testimony that God's hand is in the process. If we've come this far in the last twenty years...what will 2029 hold??

No comments: