Monday 9 June 2008

Motherhood...

I saw this quiz on my cousin Kelly's blog and I loved it!  (Kelly, you inspire me!  Always have!)  So I thought that I would steal it and share it with you all!  

1. What time does Amelia wake up?  Anytime between 6:30-7:30.  It's never any later than 7:30. 
2. On a good night, what time do your kids go to bed?  Bedtime routine begins at 7 with a bath, a milk feed, a book, prayer, then into bed.  Sometimes it's really quick and she's in bed by 7:15, other nights I just love to watch her play with Brad, she loves to be chased after the bath and before the diaper goes on.  So much fun!
3. How long have you been a mom?  Amelia just turned a year last week!
4. How old were you when you became a mom? 24
5. What is your favourite kids show?  I have fallen in love with "The Wiggles." I can't remember if they are in the states but they are HUGE here in Australia.  Just bought one of their DVD's, they're fun!
6. Least favourite kids show? We don't watch a lot of daytime television around here, but from memory, I HATE all those depressing, serious, anime cartoons!  Whatever happened to the good old Looney Tunes that were just about fun?  The ones that just made you laugh?
7. Favourite chore?  Well, considering that have FINALLY gotten into our own place again, I am actually loving everything!  I know that's annoying to hear, but I am.  I haven't had the opportunity to do it all for a LONG time and I love hanging the clothes on the line (no dryers in Australia), I love doing the dishes, I love seeing the kitchen clean before I sit down to watch movies in the evening, I love cleaning up Amelia's toys.  I am sure if you ask me in a month or two my answer might be different, but right now, I am just LOVING being a housewife/homemaker!  I LOVE IT!!!
8. Favourite meal to cook?  Pasta stuff.  
9. Meal cooked most often? Pasta stuff and indian/asian dishes.
10. What is your kids favourite meal? Noodles and rice, go figure!:)
11. What is your favourite thing Brad does with Amelia? My favourite thing right now, because we have been working on the "control crying thing." You know, put/cry yourself to sleep thing, it's been hard.  So my favourite thing right now is that Brad gets so excited to be the first one to her side in the morning or after her naps (when he's home.)  Also, he can make her laugh so hard.  It's so cute!  She just loves to have him chase her.  So much fun!
12. What are 5 things that make you smile while being a mom? Right now, I am smiling because Amelia is sleeping in my bed and she keeps waking up and looking at me and going back to sleep.  She's a mama's girl!  We just moved and it makes me smile because everything that I put somewhere she thinks should go somewhere else.  She is the world's best re-arranger!  Tiny dirty footprints on the kitchen floor, she loves to get right up in your face and just smile, she has just begun resting her head on your shoulder when you pick her up...I LOVE IT!!!
13. Where do I want to take my kids someday? I want to take my kids to Grandpa's farm!  I can't wait for Amelia to see all the animals!
14. When was the last time you and Brad went on a date without Amelia?  Last Saturday, the 50th Anniversary of the Australian Society of Cinematographers, black tie affair, we were in church clothes:)
15. One thing you said you'd never do as a mom? I'd have to agree withe Kelly on this one.  I will never judge a mom so quickly again.  Never fully understood what it took to be one.
16. Favourite past time with the kids?  Dancing and playing.  Pretty much anything that Amelia is willing to copy, we love doing over and over and over!
17. Favourite quality that my mom has?  Oh, so many.  I think the best quality was, well, I'm not sure if this is a quality, but that she was always there for us.  She made us the most important things to her in the world and she would have done and did do anything in the world for us.  She was ALWAYS there for me and new what I needed well before I asked for it.  I love you mom!
18. Advice for new moms?  Just be yourself.  Your kids need YOU!  Not the experts advice, not the nosey lady's advice from the grocery store, they need you!  You know your kids, you know what's best for them, and you can do it!

No comments: